Answered

Feintech VAX04101 not getting sound from rears on PC

Hey! Recently upgraded my setup to a Sonos Arc, pairing it with a couple of IKEA bookshelf-speakers. Worked like a charm with the feintech, atleast on the chromecast ultra - full atmos experience. On the PC, not so much. I get little to no sound on the rears, dispite the sonos app showing an atmos input. The sound on the arc is alot thinner aswell - playing the same song through spotify connect etc. 

When trying the test in windows i get full sound on all channels.

Anyone got any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 9 May 2022, 11:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Spotify ‘connect’ doesn’t support the Atmos audio format, it’s stereo only? Are you sure that Atmos audio is showing as the input in the Sonos App (check both the badge on the ‘Now Playing Screen, or the Arcs ‘Audio In’ in the ‘About My System’ device list?)

Spotify ‘connect’ doesn’t support the Atmos audio format, it’s stereo only? Are you sure that Atmos audio is showing as the input in the Sonos App (check both the badge on the ‘Now Playing Screen, or the Arcs ‘Audio In’ in the ‘About My System’ device list?)

I’m not expecting atmos through spotify connect - but the sound on spotify playing through the PC is a lot thinner than spotify connect

It’s most probably ‘thinner’ because you have perhaps been using ‘Full’ audio for music playback via your Sonos App or Spotify App and so getting the stereo output on both the front and rear channels of your HT setup, but now you are playing audio over the TV/Computer connection via HDMI, are now experiencing only receiving PCM stereo through the Arc’s two front channels only - there is not a ‘Full’ setting for what I will refer to as TV playback in the Sonos software and I think that is perhaps what you’ve encountered.

Such a setting has been requested however in the past by some users here and I too would like to see that feature added for music playback over a TV connection and Sonos have acknowledged that request but they do not announce their development roadmap for a variety of reasons.

At least that’s what I think you are perhaps referring to in your posts here.