FEATURE REQUEST: Add option to enable "Center speakers" for the ERA's 300, if they are added as surrounds

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

After suggestion by @Corry P in the  Sonos Era 300 wall mount positioning post, where we discussed the issue of ERA’s 300 “center speaker” not playing at all, while added as surrounds.

I asked this:

@Corry P

I don’t want to “reach”, but couldn’t there be a toggle to enable the “center driver” for example only for music?

Something like the Surround Audio — Music Playback feature.

So at least in music scenarios, ERAs are not “crippled” in surround setup. Because in “stereo” standalone mode without ARC, they sound much better in my opinion.

Corry P replied:

Hi @Majo133 

Perhaps - I recommend you start a new topic making this point and it will be marked as a feature request. Thanks!

I am therefore creating this post marked as “Feature request” and i am requesting feature described below.

Feature to be added:

“Allow user to manually enable center speakers of the ERA’s 300, if they are added as surrounds to the ARC/BEAM + SUB setup.”

This could be added for example only for music playback, to the section “Sound” --- “Surround Audio” --- “Music Playback” as an option, so user can choose, if he wants all ERA’s 300 speakers to be enabled or not.

Even better if it would function for the rest of the content as Movies/Games, but that might be a stretch and maybe not as easy to implement.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

133 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi All

I’ve cleaned up this thread for some replies that are not aligned with our guidelines which you agreed to when you joined this community: https://en.community.sonos.com/site/terms . In particular I want you to pay attention to the following: “Stay courteous. Everyone wants to have a positive experience on The Sonos Community - so make sure that you are not detracting from anyone else’s experience.”

If you all can’t get along, I’ll close this topic for any further replies, so let’s try to get this topic back on track.

Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi All

I’ve cleaned up this thread for some replies that are not aligned with our guidelines which you agreed to when you joined this community: https://en.community.sonos.com/site/terms . In particular I want you to pay attention to the following: “Stay courteous. Everyone wants to have a positive experience on The Sonos Community - so make sure that you are not detracting from anyone else’s experience.”

If you all can’t get along, I’ll close this topic for any further replies, so let’s try to get this topic back on track.

Thank you.

Thanks Corry. Couldn't agree more.

I do happen to have a Question for you. Is just what's posted on the feature request what's being addressed or also are folks looking at the entire thread -> e.g the multiple complaints of 5.1 audio not being handed in a smarter way by the ERA 300S?

Thank you Kindly.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Yes please! +1 Vote from me for this FR too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Dan011093 

We pay attention to all comments - especially after a product launch - and inform relevant colleagues of any trends.

I hope this answers your question.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Dan011093 

We pay attention to all comments - especially after a product launch - and inform relevant colleagues of any trends.

I hope this answers your question.

Great.

Any chance we could get an ETA on when we'll hear a potential answer regarding this?

Thank you :)

Great.

Any chance we could get an ETA on when we'll hear a potential answer regarding this?

Thank you :)

Sonos never gives an ETA on anything.  Especially things they haven’t even stated they are working on.

Badge

+1 vote from me too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Dan011093 

I have no time frame to share.

If and when I get further answers relevant to your questions I'll post them here, but this thread has run its course and I'll lock it now due to further cleaning up of it having been needed.