Skip to main content

I have a Sonos Arc and Sub Mini. I would like to get Era 300s for better surround sound, but my wife will not let me put them on stands or mount them on the wall. I would be able to, for lack of a better word, "hide" them on the floor in the corners of the room.

My question is, is it worth it to get them if I'm just going to put them on the floor? Will the sound be significantly degraded? At that point should I just get 100's?

Thanks for your help!

This will be a signficant downgrade in audio.  If you have to put them on the floor, I would go with Era 100s instead. My reasoning is that you can still get some surround effects, which Era 100 will give you, but atmos effects are just not going to happen correctly. I’m not even sure that will be worthwhile, but you could try.

If your wife is that against the aesthetics of rear speakers, and you watch TV alone sometimes, it may make more sense to get some Ace headphones instead.  That will be the best audio for your situation.

@Messier77 

Go and show her a pair of Era300 stands decorated with new shoes… maybe she will change her opinion. 😂

I use old Play 1s as surrounds in my room and they are horribly positioned, still sound better than no surrounds.

I have One SLs in another room, better positioned and they sound great.

100s on stands can be pretty unobtrusive and you can always put them on the floor and hide the stands to keep domestic tranquility.

Wouldn't you wife accept a pair of Symfonisk picture frames on the wall? Or perhaps, Symfonisk floor lamps?