Answered

Dolby Digital Plus 2.0

• 19 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Setup:  LG OLED65C2PUA (2022 model with eArc) with Sonos Beam 2; One SLs surrounds; and Sub Mini with Tivo (Android TV) Mini via 600 Mbps fiber optic.

Problem:  While watching broadcast TV channels the audio on S2 now showing Stereo PCM or Dolby Digital Plus 2.0, and sometimes Dolby Multichannel PCM 2.0, but I used to get Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 before software update of the Tivo Mini

I get Dolby Atmos and DD+ 5.1 while using Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max for streaming services

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 19 March 2023, 20:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Based on what you’ve said, it sounds like the update of the TiVo has caused some codec issues. You may want to check the audio settings on the TiVo box, evidenced by the fact that the Sonos works when using the Firestick. I’d also be tempted to unplug that TiVo box from power for two minutes, to force it to reload its firmware. 

Userlevel 7

Along with @Airgetlam’s suggestions, make sure the TV settings are set to this:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

eARC Support: On

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for the suggestions.  All TV settings as suggested by GuitarSuperstar are set, as well the audio settings for the Tivo to Auto codecs, etc.  I called TiVo Support and they said the update had no audio changes.  I will try the power off suggestion by Airgetlam.

Might want to check your source videos, too, not all shows are broadcast in higher codecs. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

From Evolution Digital Support on 23 March:  “I spoke with senior engineering. It appears this is a known defect, and we are working with our development team and Blue Stream to correct this. There should be a fix for this issue in the next firmware build update. Blue Stream should notify you once the FW has been pushed to all devices in production.”  

So, it’s just a waiting game now.