Answered

dialogue not always clear

• 13 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, I have the Beam Gen 2. I’ve found that TV dialogue is easier to understand than without it. However, movie dialogue can be difficult to understand depending on the streaming service (Amazon, Netflix, etc) and the movie itself. I'm using the Speech Enhancement option. Not sure if it is helping. 

I’m wondering what Sonos product I should add to enhance dialogue as this is my primary goal. My room is around 12 x 12. And the TV is the LG 55” OLED C2. Would love some suggestions on this, thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 15 January 2024, 10:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ElizabethP 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

There are no products you can buy to improve things - although you can add surround sound speakers and/or a Sub to increase the overall immersion, movie dialogue, specifically, wouldn’t be heard from any of these, so they would not help with this issue.

It is probably mostly down to the movie’s sound engineering - director Christopher Nolan (Inception, Tenet, etc.) is well known for having difficult-to-hear dialogue in his movies, for example (sometimes on purpose). The fact is that no movies (excepting perhaps made-for-TV movies) are mixed to be experienced at home - in a cinema, the dialogue volume would be loud, and other sounds even louder. Some movies may get remixed for home release, but that’s really up to the distributer and how much effort they want to put into making a BluRay or streaming release.

In short, the best thing you can do is increase the volume.

I hope this helps, though I understand this is hardly the answer you were looking for.