Skip to main content

Hello, new to community.  I recently replaced/upgraded my xfinity WiFi router (XB7 dual band) and a new name and password.  When I attempt to connect my Playbar/sub to the WiFi network, the new network name comes up, but when I enter the password it says unable to connect.  Have tried power off/on reboot of playbar and router to no avail.  Appreciate Kate any help.

Try temporarily wiring your PLAYBAR to the router. When you open the controller app, the PLAYBAR will be there, then you can go to the network settings and enter in the information, which will transmit itself to your Sonos across the ethernet cable. Once that’s done, you can remove the temporary cable. 

Thanks, but a little confused as to entering the information? Can you be more specific?  Appreciate the help.

Thanks, but a little confused as to entering the information? Can you be more specific?  Appreciate the help.

Use an ethernet cable to connect the Playbar to the router via the Ethernet ports on both.

In the controller, go to Settings, then System, then Networks, then Manage Networks. But you’ll only be able to see that if your system is ‘seen’ by the controller. 

Thanks! The app actually updated the network settings via the Ethernet cable automatically!  It’s good to go now. I appreciate your help.