Skip to main content
Answered

Connecting Sonos ARC with Epson LS800

• 23 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Need help!  Lol.  Having trouble setting up my new Sonos Arc to an Epson LS800 projector.

I currently have:

-DISH network box connected to the HDMI port 1.  
-The Sonos arc connected to HDMI port 2 (arc).

-Apple TV connected to HDM1 port 3.

I still have sound coming out of the Epson speaker in the front with nothing coming out of the Soundbar.

what am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Disconnect the Arc from the projector. In the projector's Settings menu, make sure the HDMI CEC setting is enabled and then enable HDMI2 ARC. In the projector's Sound menu, set Sound Output as ARC/Optical (Auto). Then in the Sonos app, go under the Arc’s settings and run TV SETUP. Follow the app instructions.

Is the app just “Sonos”?  On the Sonos App I don’t see anything that says run TV setup

we have done all this steps and everything is just like you said but I can only get sound through the Sonos arc through the Apple TV and not on Dish network box (it still comes out of the projector.

Userlevel 7

In the Sonos app, go to Settings > System and select the Arc. Scroll down and select TV SETUP.

That’s it!  Thank you very much!!  Happy Thanksgiving

False alarm still coming out of the Projector when connected to the Dish

Userlevel 7

False alarm still coming out of the Projector when connected to the Dish

Look for a CEC setting on the Dish box and disable it.

https://my.dish.com/support/prevent-black-blue-snowy-screen/hdmi-cec