Skip to main content
Question

connecting Sonos Arc

I struggle with connecting the Arc in the app. I go through the setup, connecting to the wifi (2.5 Ghz) but when updating the firmware I get a 1101 error (failed updating firmware). But the Arc connects, and I hear sound while watching tv etc. But it doesn’t show in the app. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Someone had some joy avoiding a similar error code by updating the firmware using the Sonos app for Windows.

Getting «No system found» on Windows since this is my first Sonos device. 

I too am getting the same issue. I’m setting up the ARC for the very first time. Ive rebooted the router numerous times. Factory reset the arc and still getting the There was a problem checking for updates 1,101. Try again. I’ve also hardwired my arc to the router and I still get the same error. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same here with my new arc. I’ve tried all that has been said but to no avail. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes finally for me as well (the Arc). Some hoops but it turned good. this is what happened 

1. went through the mobile setup with my iPhone. Reached the point where I had to connect with WiFi and select which room, then got the 1101 error 
  2. While the error was still existing on the phone. On my windows laptop I downloaded the Sonos software for windows and it said connect to existing system ( not set up a new one). 

3.  I went ahead in it detected the arc and prompted an update which I did. Afterwards I finished the setup. 

4. on the mobile I cleared the app from recent opened apps then restarted. 

5. I saw the option to join an existing system and voila. Done. Hope this helps. 

That didn’t do it for me😔😔

Same here. Spent all afternoon on this. Very frustrating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Someone had some joy avoiding a similar error code by updating the firmware using the Sonos app for Windows.

Shall I use my invisibility for good or evil…

Sorry spoke to soon. I tried my home pc and installed the windows app, this then worked. My work laptop may have had firewall restrictions. My personal laptop, is less restrictive and I followed the prompts on the installation. This then allowed me to connect to the Sonos and update. 

So the solution is “Get a windows PC to do it”? Kinda eliminates me as an Apple customer. Feels like a dud for such a premium priced product.

So the solution is “Get a windows PC to do it”? Kinda eliminates me as an Apple customer. Feels like a dud for such a premium priced product.

The Mac Controller has the same functionality as the PC app.

If it only had worked on a Windows pc. No such luck so far. 

Finally got through on support@sonos. After 1 hour on the phone with them, they made a ticket… It is a general problem with the software of the new products. They tried some workarounds which didn’t work. Like switch to bridge mode om my router. And doing setup om my pc with the Sonos app. So, I just have to wait for some escalation from Sonos. Or return the Arc, which I lean most towards after all these hours spent on this…

I too have the same issue. I will try with a Mac laptop and report back 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Hjard et al

Welcome to the Sonos Community! Apologies for the delay.

We’d like to look into this error 1101 issue for you all. Could you all please recreate the issue and submit a support diagnostic immediately after? Please post here to let me know you have done so, but please don’t share the number you are given at the end of the process. Thanks.

If you have the option, you may find that you are able to complete the updates from a different controller - please try updating from within the Desktop Controller for either macOS or Windows, if you can. You can download it here. Please be sure to submit diagnostics from your phone first, however.

@Hjard - there’s no need for you in particular to send diagnostics - I’ll pull them from your case.

I hope this helps.

Yes finally for me as well (the Arc). Some hoops but it turned good. this is what happened 

1. went through the mobile setup with my iPhone. Reached the point where I had to connect with WiFi and select which room, then got the 1101 error 
  2. While the error was still existing on the phone. On my windows laptop I downloaded the Sonos software for windows and it said connect to existing system ( not set up a new one). 

3.  I went ahead in it detected the arc and prompted an update which I did. Afterwards I finished the setup. 

4. on the mobile I cleared the app from recent opened apps then restarted. 

5. I saw the option to join an existing system and voila. Done. Hope this helps. 

This did the trick for me as well.  Thanks Emma2!

I still have this issue. Any solutions in sight?