Answered

Connecting Arc to TV

• 29 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have an ARC 2 connecting to a Samsung TV. It has worked fine for a year. I switched my streaming device from a Roku to a Direct TV streaming. Now I can’t get my ARC to connect even after I switched back to the Roku.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 January 2024, 04:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

There is no Arc 2, only an Arc. Is your Arc connected via HDMI ARC, or via the Optical adapter?

Have you rebooted both the Arc and the TV, by unplugging them from the wall for a couple of minutes?

Badge

ARC S2, my mistake. I have tried rebooting but will try again later. Leave them both unplugged over night?? I get a flashing green light then a red light. I swapped HDMI cords to no avail.

No worries, I’m just a tad pedantic ;) 

Overnight is fine. They just need to be unplugged long enough to let the capacitors to drain. These days, that’s not as much of an issue as it was in the day, but we try to suggest it to everyone, just to be certain, since many folks don’t give any specifics about which TV they have, and I know I have never memorized times for resets on each model. 

Red light, however, is a problem. If you read the LED states FAQ, you’ll see this usually suggests a fault of some type in the Arc. In which case, your best bet is tocall Sonos Support directly to discuss it.