Skip to main content
Answered

Connecting 2 ERA 300s to Arc as surrounds

Hi - I just received the Arc and new 300s yesterday.  I installed each of them separately into my sonos system in the same room.  However, in the app, when I try to “add surrounds” to my Arc, the 300s do not appear as an option and instead the only options are my AMPs (which are in different rooms).  Any advice? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7

Make sure they are not connected as a stereo pair. They need to be separated as a stereo pair before you can add them as surrounds.

Did you pair the 300s?  If so, unpair them.  They must be 3 separate rooms to add as surrounds.  Don't worry about room names, they will all be in the Arc room when the process is finished.

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much!!! YES!! I had stupidly paired them before looking to add surrounds. After unpairing them, it worked perfectly!!!  Appreciate the quick help!  

Not stupid.  Plenty have done it before.

Userlevel 1

By the way, the sound is amazing… I’ve been playing with it all morning (now that they’re properly paired!) and the action movies sound awesome.  Highly recommend! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all, 

If I buy a second era 300, can I pair them to play the same stream together but in different sonos rooms, therefore 2 separate rooms for a party? 

Thanks 🤔🙂

Not sure I understand the question, as there are specific ‘meanings’ to words in the Sonos world.

You can set up the Era 300s as a stereo set of speakers in a separate ‘room’ in the Sonos software. Where you physically place them doesn’t matter. You can then ‘group’ that room with the ‘room’ that contains the Arc, and all will play in sync for music streamed in either room. The only place you’d get a delay is when you’re playing a TV source on the Arc, in which case any and all ‘grouped’ rooms would be subject to that 75ms minimum delay. 

Does that answer your question?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Bruce, 

I don't have an arc, only a single Era 300 at the moment 

If I want to play the same content through 2 300's, not in stereo and with the speakers physically in 2 different rooms, can I do this? 

Hope that's clearer?

Baz

Userlevel 7

Thanks Bruce, 

I don't have an arc, only a single Era 300 at the moment 

If I want to play the same content through 2 300's, not in stereo and with the speakers physically in 2 different rooms, can I do this? 

Hope that's clearer?

Baz

Yes, you can do that. You just have to group the two Era 300s to play the same content on both.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Great, thanks Mr.T

I paired 2 Era 300s with my Arc but watching Netflix no sound is coming from the era 300s. Although the now playing is showing Dolby Atmos. My TV is a Samsung S95B OLED 4K HD TV. The Arc is connected to the tvvia HDMI-earc