Answered

Connect Playbase to Fire TV

• 15 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello.
I would like to know how the Playbase 1 are connected to a Fire TV without using optical cable. I can't connect it.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 15 January 2024, 21:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The Sonos PLAYBASE (there is no 1) is connected to your TV set via an optical cable, not directly to the Fire TV. The Fire TV is connected to your TV via HDMI. 

Sonos also makes a PLAY:1 and a Sonos One, neither of which would connect to the TV, but both of which could be used as surround speakers for the PLAYBASE, but both surrounds would need to be the same derision, you can’t mix and match. 

Thank you very much. The problem is that I have a projector with fire tv connected and I thought I could connect it by bluetooth or wifi but I think it's not possible.

No, it isn’t, sorry. The PLAYBASE requires an optical connection. That being said, it is relatively easy and inexpensive to get an HDMI switch with an optical audio output, which would certainly work well for this purpose.