Answered

Change WiFi Network for ARC and Beam

• 9 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I recently setup both an Arc and Beam and connected them to TV’s in two separate rooms.  We had just moved into a new home without WiFi, so I used my hotspot on my cell phone to setup both the Arc and Beam using the Sonos App.

We now have internet at the home, and I want to change the setup to connect to the home network.

I reviewed the information on how to change Networks, and attempted to follow these instructions:

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android and wait while it searches for your Sonos system. Note that this process cannot be completed using the Sonos app for Mac or PC.
  2. When you see the message "Unable to connect to Sonos," tap Learn More.
  3. Tap Changed router or WiFi settings?

I did receive the “Unable to connect to Sonos”; however after 10 minutes of waiting, it never provided a Learn More tab.

I then attempted to use my Hotspot and access the Network Settings through the Sonos App; however, I could not find anywhere within the App to change or modify the Network Settings.

It appears there is an option to perform a Factory Reset; however, the instructions are vague as to which button(s) to press for the Arc or Beam:

1. Depending on which product you have, press and hold the JoinButton-24px.png Join button, PlayPauseButton-Filled-28px.png Play/Pause button, MuteButton-28px.png Mute button, or JoinButtonSub-28px.png Join button (Sub and Bridge) while you reconnect the power cord.
  2. Continue holding the button until the light flashes orange and white.

Any suggestions or recommendations on how to change my hotspot WiFi setup to my home network setup would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by James L. 10 March 2021, 10:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hi @KSheppard, welcome to the community.

The instructions you have there are slightly outdated, so you won’t see the Learn More option on your S2 app. 

Take a look at our updated guide on Connecting Sonos to a new router or Wi-Fi network and let us know how you get on :smiley: