Answered

cat scratch plastic protector on Sonos Sub

• 25 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi,

i have 2 cats and I try everything to keep them out from them scratching the sub but not working.

if I buy those sticky plastic cat scratch protector like this 

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09NC3XH3V?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_1ZXFRNERC1VWPTMJ1AFB

will it reduce the Sonos sub sound?

i wouldn’t cover the hole.

thanks ‘

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 25 February 2023, 23:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

It shouldn’t affect the sound of the Sub.

Thanks

ill give it a try 

I would test the “sticky” to make sure that it does not damage SUB’s finish.

It should not have a significant impact on the sound quality as long as the protector doesn't cover any ventilation holes. 

Using a protector is a temporary solution to preventing your cats from scratching the sub. It's best to provide your furry friends with an alternative scratching post or pad to redirect their scratching behavior. This will help ensure that they don't become destructive and that your furniture remains intact.

Here are some more tips on how to stop your cats from scratching your sub:

• Provide your cats with an alternative scratching post or pad. Make sure the scratching post or pad is made of a material that your cats enjoy scratching, such as sisal rope, cardboard, or carpet. You can also try placing the scratching post or pad near your cat's favorite napping spot.
  • Teach your cats to scratch the post or pad instead of the sub. When you see your cat scratching the sub, gently redirect them to the scratching post or pad. You can do this by saying "no" in a firm voice and then offering them the scratching post or pad. You can also try rewarding your cat with a treat or praise when they scratch the post or pad.
  • Make the sub less attractive to scratch. You can do this by covering the sub with a blanket or sheet, or by placing double-sided tape or aluminum foil on the sub. Cats don't like the feeling of these materials on their paws, so they will be less likely to scratch the sub.
  • Be patient and consistent. It may take some time and effort to teach your cats to stop scratching the sub. But with patience and consistency, you can eventually break this bad habit.

Moderator Edit: Removed URL

I’ve seen spray cans equipped with a motion sensor. The idea is that when the cat(s) approach there will be a momentary, annoying spray. For the cats involved in my trial, there was little change in habits. If anything there was some enjoyment when triggering, then avoiding the spray.

Rather than attaching something to the SUB, making the approach less attractive might work. Sticky tape or a mat with small bubbles would be candidates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Rather than attaching something to the SUB, making the approach less attractive might work. Sticky tape or a mat with small bubbles would be candidates.

My cat refuses to stand on wool, but I’m not sure why.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The static mode of these would probably damage your Sub but if you could find an audible-only one it might work until you got tired of the cat playing with it at 3 AM.

https://www.amazon.com/SVD-PET-2-Pack-Training-Electronic-Repellent/dp/B08XWDH5ND/ref=sr_1_6

If your Sonos Sub has been scratched by a cat, you may be able to take some steps to mitigate the damage or improve its appearance. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Clean the scratch: Use a soft, lint-free cloth to gently clean the scratched area. Remove any loose debris or dirt around the scratch. Be careful not to apply excessive pressure that could further damage the plastic.

2. Apply a scratch repair product: There are various scratch repair products available in the market specifically designed for plastic surfaces. These products often work by filling in the scratch and blending it with the surrounding area. Follow the instructions provided with the product carefully and apply it to the scratched area.

3. Use a plastic polish or restorer: Plastic polishes or restorers can help improve the appearance of scratches on plastic surfaces. Apply a small amount of the product to a clean cloth and gently buff the scratched area. This may help to diminish the visibility of the scratch.

4. Consider a plastic protector or cover: To prevent further scratches or damage, you can explore the option of adding a plastic protector or cover to your Sonos Sub. There are various clear plastic films or protectors available that can be applied to the surface, acting as a shield against future scratches.

5. Contact Sonos support: If the scratch is severe or if you are concerned about the aesthetics or functionality of the Sonos Sub, it's advisable to contact Sonos customer support directly. They can provide further guidance on how to address the issue or explore any available options for repair or replacement.