Answered

Can't re-connect BEAM that I took from another room and create TV surround

• 21 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Took my BEAM from another room to “re-create” a TV surround. STILL showing my BEAM in old room with TV surround set up, etc even though I’ve removed the BEAM and unplugged the ONE’s I had. So...1) How do I make the “OLD” room disappear since it has nothing and my “NEW” room show my BEAM and allow me to create TV surround. Over. 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 21 November 2022, 22:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

The room name is just that, a name.  You can rename it by choosing the dropdown or clicking on the name under the room settings. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In Sonos the “room” is the speaker (or set of speakers). Removing the speaker from physical room does not change its name. You need the app to do that, as stated above.

Copy that. But that “OLD” Room will be re-used in the summer. Would rather keep it as a room. So with that, how would I make my BEAM from the OLD room work in the NEW room? And it’s not adding when I hit add. It’s still showing in my OLD room. How do I delete the BEAM from the OLD room?

I have the app. If I take all my speakers away from “Outdoor Patio” and put them in “Living Room”. I created “Living Room” for that purpose. So, are you saying rename “Outdoor Patio” to “Living Room?” And if I do that, how do I delete the room, “Living Room” that I just created? Or delete any room at that that no longer have speakers in them. A “DEAD” room if you will. Again, I cannot get my BEAM to recognize in my Living Room.

Are you using the surrounds in the new room?  If not, you need to go into the setup and remove the surrounds.  Then simply rename the Beam to whatever the new name is going to be by clicking on the name in Settings > System Settings > (Room name). 

If you are using the surrounds, all you need to do is move the speakers and rename the room. 

jgatie, appreciate the help. The BEAM I snagged is from “Back Patio” and had its own surrounds. My “Living Room” already had a pair of Sonos One’s. I just want to add the BEAM to Living Room and I try to add it but Sonos can’t find the BEAM. The BEAM is still showing on “Back Patio” as if it was never removed in first place. From this info, what do you suggest?

jgatie, appreciate the help. The BEAM I snagged is from “Back Patio” and had its own surrounds. My “Living Room” already had a pair of Sonos One’s. I just want to add the BEAM to Living Room and I try to add it but Sonos can’t find the BEAM. The BEAM is still showing on “Back Patio” as if it was never removed in first place. From this info, what do you suggest?

Go to Settings > System > Back Patio.  Choose “Remove Surrounds” and follow the prompts.  Then go to the Living Room settings and choose “Separate Stereo Pair”.  Follow the prompts.  Then go back to the Back Patio and choose “Set up Surrounds”.  Choose the Living Room speakers as the surrounds to set up.  Follow the prompts.  Then go to the top of the Back Patio settings and tap on the Room name.  Change the name to Living Room.