can’t add sub mini to beam gen 2

• 11 February 2023
  • 5 replies

I’ve added the sub mini to my network and added it to the Sonos app.  When I try to add the sub mini to my room and connect with the Beam, I get an error to check WiFi, check router, etc. 

I’ve reset to factory many times.  I’ve deleted the entire system and started over.  

I can connect the Beam and the Mini every time to wireless but cannot get the Mini to connect to the Beam. 

I’ve turned this into Sonos but haven’t called because it’s the weekend.  Ticket 133177309

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Is wifi turned on on the Beam and the Sub?

Yes.   WiFi is on.  All devices are connected. 

This same thing is happening to me. I set up my beam, then set up my era 100’s and sub to try to connect the in the “add surround and add sub’’ but they can’t be found. And if I add the sub alone it says it’s connecting to the beam and stays frozen in a loading screen. I have factory reset and tried about every different way to connect. 

Have you checked to be sure the radio/Wi-Fi is still turned on on your Beam? The surrounds and the Sub connect to a signal sent by the Beam, not your local Wi-Fi signal.

If it is on, you may want to check for sources of potential wifi interference, too.