Skip to main content
Answered

Cable HDMI ultra high speed en Arc + Tv Philips the one 2023

• 6 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello.

I have recently bought a new TV Philips 55pus8818 the one  2023.
I have previously connected my Sonos Arc+2 One SL+ mini sub audio home theater to my old Philips television that did not have eARC without any problem.

Right now with my new television I get the following message:

“Your HDMI audio system supports eARC, we recommend that you use ultra high speed cable to play high bit rate audio via HDMI 2 (eARC) output.”

Is the ultra high speed hdmi cable supplied by Sonos with Arc ?

Assuming it's only high speed If I change this cable for an ultra high speed one, Will I have better audio apart from not getting this message anymore?

Thank you. 

The HDMI cable that comes with the Arc is sufficient. It will give you the highest quality audio from the Arc. You do not need to purchase a new cable.

I’ve never seen this type of message from any other TV manufacturer (and it must be a pure coincidence that Philips happens to be one of the only TV manufacturers who also makes cables).  😆

I’ve never seen this type of message from any other TV manufacturer (and it must be a pure coincidence that Philips happens to be one of the only TV manufacturers who also makes cables).  

Hello.
I send you pictures so that it is the first time you see this. First photo always shows it when you turn on the tv and second photo when you do a complete diagnosis tv. 
Thanks.