Answered

Beam pauses while playing music

Hey!

Newbie here and asking for help.

So I`ve been using Sonon beam since it came in the market and I`ve been happy with it, without any problems. The last 3 months i`ve started to experiece problems with it

While playing sound from TV (Sony Bravia KDL-40NX700 linked via optical) everything works fine. After i turn off the tv and switch to Spotify or YouTube music, music starts playing withiut a problem for around a minute then pauses for some seconds, then starts playing again, then pauses etc. 

Beam is wired to my router.

Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 2 June 2021, 18:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

What router do you have? Have you tried unplugging the Beam from power for about a minute and rebooting your router? You can also trying changing the SonosNet channel in the Sonos app:
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1219?language=en_US

I've restarted the router lots of times without any effect.

I'll try to reset the beam. Maybe that will work

If you don’t have the Beam unplugged while you reboot the router, you’d not be getting the full potential benefits. 

I don't think it's a problem with the router.

I think that the TV keeps passing sound to the beam after its being turned off. If I unplug the TV I don't have any problems