Answered

Beam Gen 2 keeps disconnecting from samsung TV

• 10 November 2023
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1

I have had this setup for a little under 2 years,  all of a sudden tv keeps dropping the connection and going back to tv speaker.  Using the cable that came with it,  changed to new cable,  checked all other devices for cec no luck.   Only way to get it back is unplug it from the power and back in. I ran a diagnostic 557311022. 

icon

Best answer by BlackAndWhiteCat1234 12 November 2023, 16:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Have you checked to see if there are any software updates for your TV, as I understand that Samsung have recently (last few days) released some updates for some models of their TV’s to fix an issue with soundbars in general.

If there are no recent updates for your particular TV model, then Sonos Staff here have suggested that it maybe best to reproduce the issue and then submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App (with the Soundbar present in the App), note it’s reference and then contact/chat via phone with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK  and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.

I’m having this same issue. No software update available for my Samsung. 

I’m having this same issue. No software update available for my Samsung. 

As mentioned, If there are no ‘recent’ updates for your particular TV model, then Sonos Staff here have suggested that it maybe best to reproduce the issue and then submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App (with the Soundbar present in the App), note it’s reference and then contact/chat via phone with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK  and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.

Userlevel 1

Update, I  spoke to customer service chat as advised.  They say there is a known issue with samsung tvs disconnecting,  and are working on a fix no ETA.

I suggest anyone with this issue contact them to give more diagnostic information,  and possibly help raise the priority.

November 19,2023.  Same issue,just got my TV Samsung 3 weeks ago and it disconnects every 2 to 3 days.  After spending thousands of dollars for this system, it is heartbreaking.  I've had to reset my beam 8 times now to no avail.  Unfortunately, I had a sonos beam and Amp installed and stuck.  I can't take one back or the other.  Can Samsung fix the damn issue. 

November 19,2023.  Same issue,just got my TV Samsung 3 weeks ago and it disconnects every 2 to 3 days.  After spending thousands of dollars for this system, it is heartbreaking.  I've had to reset my beam 8 times now to no avail.  Unfortunately, I had a sonos beam and Amp installed and stuck.  I can't take one back or the other.  Can Samsung fix the damn issue. 

Did you note that some Samsung users, say they managed to temporarily fix things by switching off eARC within their TV settings - maybe give that a try and see if it will work for you until the issue has been resolved. 

Update, I  spoke to customer service chat as advised.  They say there is a known issue with samsung tvs disconnecting,  and are working on a fix no ETA.

I suggest anyone with this issue contact them to give more diagnostic information,  and possibly help raise the priority.

Thanks, same issue here so I hope that it gets resolved sooner than later :-)

I ended up hooking up the internet cable to my beam, run a sonos Amp and mini sub not wired and so far that worked.  Unfortunately,  it cost money and not am easy option. But 4 days later it is still connected.  If you cam try that, it may be a solution. I can check back with you an advise if mine stays connected 

I just finished a chat with Sonos tech support, & as in previous posts, was told that this is a known issue being worked on. The two work arounds are: 1) unplug and then replug in the power from the back of the Sonos soundbar; and 2) use the optical audio adapter that came in the box with the soundbar.  The adapter goes on the tv end of the hdmi cable and is inserted into the tv optical port. On my Samsung tv, it is the third port from the top (next to the usb ports.) Also, be aware there may be a small plastic optical port protector in the port that must be removed before inserting the adapter. The other end of the adapter receives the hdmi cable that was removed from the ARC hdmi port. So far it’s working fine & I'm still able to use the soundbar for music when the tv is off. 

I just finished a chat with Sonos tech support, & as in previous posts, was told that this is a known issue being worked on. The two work arounds are: 1) unplug and then replug in the power from the back of the Sonos soundbar; and 2) use the optical audio adapter that came in the box with the soundbar.  The adapter goes on the tv end of the hdmi cable and is inserted into the tv optical port. On my Samsung tv, it is the third port from the top (next to the usb ports.) Also, be aware there may be a small plastic optical port protector in the port that must be removed before inserting the adapter. The other end of the adapter receives the hdmi cable that was removed from the ARC hdmi port. So far it’s working fine & I'm still able to use the soundbar for music when the tv is off. 

I just figured out that my remote is RF & won’t adjust the volume while using the optical port. I have to use the Sonos app for volume control. So  I’ve gone back to the HDMI ARC connection & turned off E-ARC, per an earlier suggestion. 

I just figured out that my remote is RF & won’t adjust the volume while using the optical port. I have to use the Sonos app for volume control. So  I’ve gone back to the HDMI ARC connection & turned off E-ARC, per an earlier suggestion. 

You can solve that by configuring your remote to output IR, https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/use-a-samsung-one-remote-with-sonos-home-theater-speakers.

Thanks, resetting the Samsung remote to operate as IR vs RF is working perfectly so far. I appreciate the info.

Turning off eARC on the advanced audio menu (Samsung TV QLED) worked for me, but am I losing audio quality? 

No. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

My Samsung QE55QN95A is the same, not sure why it seems to be linked to using an app and switching back to normal TV.

TV suggest its playing sound, just needs a quick TV power cycle to cure, inconvenient but not a great dealbreaker….

Badge

Now is 12.01.24 and still experiencing the same issue. I've been on the phone with Sonos and Samsung customer support and nothing.

Using optical adaptor loosing dolby soround as far as I know so that is why i am not using it. As result twise a day I disconnecting the cord from the back of my beam. It is annoying but looks like i am use to it