Skip to main content

Hi, did a we chat this morning as I had a bit of time to finally sort out this Beam not outputting audio from my TV. 
The Beam suddenly outputting sound from my tv around 2 months ago. I tried to reconnect via the app but it wouldn’t work. It did however work through the app when I plugged the Ethernet into it direct but still wouldn’t play the tv sound. The tv was not old but we decided to move it to the bedroom and have a new one downstairs.

Set up the new tv and still no sound from the Beam or connection. Decided to give up. 

This morning we did a reset on both the app and the Beam. Outcome - the beam is now connected back to the app and plays sound from the radio etc. But it still won’t connect to the TV. The end error always says ARC not detected. Now, iv tried this on 3 separate TV’ (all Samsung), made sure ARC settings are enabled and selected the receiver as the sound output. I have also tried multiple HDMI cables. One of which gets one step further than the other as I actually get the Sonos display on the tv screen but still no sound. 

I am now using the optical adaptor which actually works! But get no control over the sound being emitted unless I get up or use the app to adjust or turn it on to TV. No good if I’m not in the house. 

Without telling me to turn it all off and start again, what is the problem here? 

Thanks

Jake

Have you run “Remote Control Setup” under the Beam’s settings in the Sonos app?

When you are trying to connect the Beam via HDMI ARC, be sure to enable Anynet+ in the TV settings and disconnect any other devices from the TV. Then run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the instructions.