Answered

Beam 2 Sudden drop in volume, quick return

• 14 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello, we added a Beam 2 and a Sub Mini to our system this week. Have had the Amp about a year and love it. Last night when watching a movie on Prime there was a loud scene with folks yelling in a court room and suddenly the Beams volume dropped to around half what it was and then returned to where it was. Was 1-2 seconds so I didn’t have time to look at the App. I can’t find any settings or issues in the app. Do I need to exchange the Beam for a new one or anything I can do to be sure it is ok and not a bad unit?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 14 October 2023, 19:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

That sure sounds like ‘ducking’ for a voice command somewhere in your system. Any chance you have a voice assistant installed?

Good question. I did not set up Alexa yet but when I set up the Beam I did set it for voice commands with “Hey Sonos”. That said we’ve tried to do “Hey Sonos play music” to no avail, but to answer your question the Sonos voice functionality is on. Thanks 

Sonos.Voice Control is a voice assistant. It likely heard something that sounded like ‘hey Sonos’, but the only sure way to confirm is to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it. Anything past 10 minutes, and the event is unlikely to still be in the ‘buffer’.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Understood, will do, thanks Bruce!