Skip to main content
Answered

Beam 2 + 2 Era 100s + Apple TV 4k on Hisense U7H 75"

• 11 December 2023
  • 1 reply

So I've been facing this problem for a while and it's super annoying at this moment, always that I go from one app to another, let's say from Youtube to Disney+ in the Apple TV, the sound on the tv goes from 50 to 0 and some seconds later from 0 to 50 again but the Beam stops reproducing sound, like if it was muted.

And then I have to restart the Apple TV to start listening any sound again, this happens always that I go from one app to another so it's not related to the apps. Sometimes going back to the Apple TV Home restores the sound but sometimes doesn't.

I'm using a Ugreen HDMI 2.1 8k cable on the eArc spot of my TV. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @José Ruelas, welcome to the Sonos Community!

This sounds like it’s an issue with the TV specifically, as Sonos doesn’t automatically adjust volume when swapping sources. Does this issue only occur when using Apple TV or does this also happen with other sources? Your TV may have an auto-volume setting that is causing this and, if it does, I’d recommend turning it off.

If you have another TV to test with, I’d suggest trying that as it can narrow down the issue. I’d also recommend making sure your Apple TV and Hisense are running the latest firmware, and trying a different HDMI cable between the Apple TV and Hisense.

This does sound like you’re able to reproduce this issue. If the above steps don’t help, then please submit a diagnostics and reach out to our support team for further assistance, as they have the necessary tools to troubleshoot your system with you.

I hope this helps!