Answered

Arc TV output query

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi. I have not encountered this problem before.

Amazon music works but there is no sound coming from the TV.

Fortunately I don't have many problems with my Arc soundbar but when I do I usually get no sound at all not some sound depending on what source is selected!

Any idea why this is happening?

Before anyone says, no the mute isn't on 😋

Cheers 🍻 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 25 January 2023, 18:46

View original

10 replies

Do you have the Arc plugged in to the TV’s ARC port? Is CEC turned on? What make and model of TV is it?

Another generic thing, have you rebooted the TV by unplugging it from the wall for 5 minutes? Oh, and have you checked for updates to the TV set?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Do you have the Arc plugged in to the TV’s ARC port? Is CEC turned on? What make and model of TV is it?

Yes the Arc is plugged in to the TV's Arc port and the CEC is turned on (both are always like this)

TV is a Panasonic TX-65JX850B 65" smart TV.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Another generic thing, have you rebooted the TV by unplugging it from the wall for 5 minutes? Oh, and have you checked for updates to the TV set?

I did check for updates but no software update was available as it said that the latest update was already installed.

I did, however, do as you advised and unplugged the TV for 5 minutes and after a short wait, the Sonos Arc recalibrated itself and everything is working again.

Thanks for your help, I should have turned the TV off before asking for help but I will try this in future if the problem reoccurs in the future.

Cheers 🍻 

Is Autoplay enabled for the TV input?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Sorry, I don't know what you mean.

I have never had this problem before and I have had the TV for over 12 months.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

HI. Are you referring to this on the Sonos app itself?

If so I have always had it , (TV Autoplay) off so I assume I should switch it on to avoid this problem happening again?

Cheers 🍻 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I just googled it and have decided to switch the setting on.

It seems strange that it is off by default !

It’s been a while but I believe you have the ability to set autoplay during the initial setup process.  It seems to be fairly common that people didn’t turn it on and are unaware of the setting.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

It’s been a while but I believe you have the ability to set autoplay during the initial setup process.  It seems to be fairly common that people didn’t turn it on and are unaware of the setting.

Yeah you are probably right, I don't remember setting this up on initial installation!

Thanks.