Answered

ARC + Sub (Gen 3) on LG OLED 65" C1 using eARC want to add RC80i rear surround sound.

• 3 July 2023
  • 3 replies

I am changing over from a component system to SONOS. I already have a Sonos ARC with Sub (Gen 3) working fine but need to add the ceiling installed and wired Polk Audio RC 80i as surround. From what I have read, the Sonos Amp is what I need next, but the specs say the Amp uses eARC from the TV. The ARC soundbar is already using that  eARC from the LG TV. How do I get both to use the same eARC plug? I want to make sure I’m getting the proper product before I buy something that won’t work with my current situation. Also, when I setup the ARC and Sub, it didn’t want to work with the TV and come on when we turn on the TV. To solve that issue, I now leave the ARC and Sub on all the time. Is that the correct way to do things or am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 3 July 2023, 18:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Only the Arc needs to be connected to the TV. When used as surrounds, the Amp will communicate wirelessly with the Arc.

I bought the Amp and it’s on it’s way, we will see if it works when it gets here.

The other question wasn’t answered. Is the ARC and Sub Gen 3 supposed to be on all the time or is the TV supposed to turn them on and off by way of the eArc thru the HDMI cable? I tried the eArc way to turn them on/off, but it didn’t seem to work.

Userlevel 7

I bought the Amp and it’s on it’s way, we will see if it works when it gets here.

The other question wasn’t answered. Is the ARC and Sub Gen 3 supposed to be on all the time or is the TV supposed to turn them on and off by way of the eArc thru the HDMI cable? I tried the eArc way to turn them on/off, but it didn’t seem to work.

The Arc and Sub remain on all of the time but will go into idle mode after a few minutes of not detecting an audio signal. If the Arc doesn’t play any audio when you turn on the TV, make sure you have TV Autoplay enabled in the Sonos app.