Answered

Arc sound levels are low with Sony X90L

• 14 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I bought the Arc to replace a Play soundbar a few months after the Arc came out. Originally it was connectect to a Sony A80J 2021 model TV and had no issues. Up until recently my system was the Arc with two One’s for rears and the Sub…the A80J went out and I replaced it with a X90L and after I got all the settings correct, everything was working but the sound was far lower than it used to be. Before, I ran the system in the mid 30’s, but now I have to run it at 60 or higher to get the same results. I have since replaced the one’s with a pair of Era 300’s hoping that would help, but it hasn't. I have Apple TV for streaming movies and like I said before, the sound is just not there. Everything is updated so I am at a loss what to try next…I’ve been through this community for a while now, trying different things and sometimes it works, but it seems to revert back for some reason…I hope someone can give me a hand getting this sorted out because I do love this system. Thanks in advance for your input.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 14 March 2024, 22:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Be sure to set the TV to these settings:

eARC: Auto

Digital Audio Out: Auto 1

Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus

Pass Through Mode: Auto

FYI… the Apple TV 4K plays all 5.1 audio as Multichannel PCM. It is normal for this to be much quieter than Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus audio. If it bothers you too much, you could always set the Change Format setting on the Apple TV to ON and set the New Format to Dolby Digital 5.1. But this setting won’t allow you to play Dolby Atmos audio.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the reply. I will check those setting when I get home and post the result…

Userlevel 1

Be sure to set the TV to these settings:

eARC: Auto

Digital Audio Out: Auto 1

Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus

Pass Through Mode: Auto

FYI… the Apple TV 4K plays all 5.1 audio as Multichannel PCM. It is normal for this to be much quieter than Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus audio. If it bothers you too much, you could always set the Change Format setting on the Apple TV to ON and set the New Format to Dolby Digital 5.1. But this setting won’t allow you to play Dolby Atmos audio.

Okay, I have checked all those settings and mine were the same except my Digital Audio Out was Auto 2. Changed it to Auto 1 and then checked some setting in the Sonos app and found a new update available. Did that and things are much better now…here’s hoping…

Userlevel 1

Just an update…everything is working as it should…absolute awesomeness