Skip to main content
Answered

arc popping noise on sonos arc when playing dvd ir blue ray

• 12 November 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a Sonos arc connected to Amazon Omni fire TV via earc HDMI connection.  When I play a DVD or blue ray on my sony or lg DVD player, there is intermittent popping noises.  I can pause the DVD and start again and it usually goes away.  I tried changing the channel on Sonos and that worked for a while.  I have changed out the TV with the same model as well.  And still the popping!  This is so frustrating.  It only does this when playing DVDs.  All other streaming apps etc play with no popping.  Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Maybe try the TV with the HDMI-eARC port set to just ‘Arc’ only (and/or set the Digital Sound Out to ‘pass-through’ - if not already in use).

Another thought is to perhaps change the HDMI cable in case it perhaps has a minor fault.

You could maybe try a different codec on the Blue-ray/DVD player too, so if using Multichannel LPCM, then try using Dolby Digital Plus instead (or vice versa).

Hope you can get the issue sorted. 👍