Answered

Arc on a cabinet top, hiding cables

• 22 March 2022
  • 2 replies

I'll likely be buying an Arc for a 65" TV. The TV will be sitting in a cabinet (that I'm designing) and will be lifted up in front of a window when we want to watch TV. Otherwise we want to keep the view through the window.

The Arc will sit on top of the cabinet even when the tv is hidden (so we can listen to music). The Arc will be at the top front centre of the cabinet, and the TV will rise up behind that through a hinged lid. 

What I'd like to know is what to allow for holes in the cabinet top so I can hide the cables and keep it all clean. As I haven't yet bought an Arc, I can’t tell if the cables come from behind or the middle or left side for example. I don't even know how many cables I'll need. Presumably at least power! The TV will be a 2021 model so have all the appropriate connections.

Thanks John

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 22 March 2022, 09:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

An interesting project! 😁 All the cables on the Arc are connected within a small recess on the bottom face towards the rear and in the centre of the device. All cables plug in horizontally into the ends of the recess.

I have three cables: Power, HDMI eArc, and Ethernet (Optional). 

One other point to consider is if your TV doesn't support HDMI eArc and you use an external device for your TV source, then you may also want to consider an HDFury Arcana to split the audio and video signals. I use a Sky Q and Amazon Fire TV box as my sources and so also need an HDMI splitter. This means that in total I need 6 power supplies.  Here is a diagram of my set-up.

Thank you. My TV will be the LG OLED C1 which does have HDMI eARC which will simplify things considerably. Thanks for the prompt reply!