Arc Losing Sound

• 31 December 2021
  • 4 replies

I’m having some issues with the sound on 2 separate TV’s.  I have an Arc with a Samsung QN90A and AppleTV. My problem occurs when transitioning from episode to episode. For example, I watch an episode on Disney Plus with perfect sound. When the episode ends a new episode will automatically begin. When the new episode starts there is no sound. I have to exit the episode and restart it 2-3 times for the sound to work. This same issue occurs with Netflix.  Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on how to resolve?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

See if the issue goes away if you switch off HDMI-CEC (TV ‘remote’ control) in your Apple TV settings - I suspect the device is stealing the CEC focus away from the Sonos Arc.

Hope that solves your issue.

Having the exact same issue with the QN85A, ARC and the Apple TV 4K. Turning CEC off works, but you do lose some functionality between the ATV and the TV this way.

Having the exact same issue with the QN85A, ARC and the Apple TV 4K. Turning CEC off works, but you do lose some functionality between the ATV and the TV this way.

I ‘suspect’ that this is an issue with some Samsung TV models where the hardware was geared towards Auto-HDMI switching. There are some articles online about the topic, where the only fixes I’ve seen mentioned involve opening up the TV and doing some wiring/soldering on some models, which of course may invalidate the warranty and has the usual risks, although I’ve heard of some users who claim they have had authorised Samsung engineers come to their home and fix it, but whether that’s true or not, I can’t say.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/5/18/15658876/samsung-tv-2016-automatic-hdmi-switching-complaints

I will just add, I do not advocate anyone opening up a TV to do a repair, unless qualified and authorised to do that repair. So anything done arising from posts online etc; is entirely at your own risk. My advice is to switch off CEC on the TV’s ‘other’ connected devices if the switching problem continues.