Answered

Arc and MiniSub hookup problems - please help

• 5 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone - first time post.  Just bought Sonos Arc and Sub Mini (room isn’t overly large - 20 ft x 16ft, and have young kids so super bass isn’t critical) with Black Friday (previously just using TB speakers).  I’m not very good with technology (hence the name) and have them just out of the box.  I’m having two issues that seems to be giving me problems:

1. I have the arc and sub mini very close beside each other, maybe 6 ft apart max.  There is absolutely no issues with my Arc and the Wifi.  But half the time it won’t “find” the submini, and the sub mini will try to connect to my neighbours network.  I don’t know why it’s affecting one and not the other.  Has anyone encountered this?  I have a band new decent wifi modem, so not sure what’s up
  2. The arc and mini appear to work GREAT with TV/movies.  My wife is really into music and so we decided to put on Spotify - strangely the minisub will work, but it will be INCREDIBLY faint.  Changing the equalizer settings on the app doesn’t have it at all, whereas it will for movies/TV.  I also have no idea why this is happening.  No idea how to troubleshoot - can anyone help?

Thanks so much!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 December 2022, 04:38

View original

2 replies

Should say changing the EQ and Sub Audio setting shouldn’t help!  Thanks

Need to address these two questions separately.

1. The Sub mini should not even be aware of your neighbor’s Wi-Fi signal. It should only be aware of the network you told it that existed, and frankly, once you’ve ‘bonded’ it to your Arc, it should be connected to the 5Ghz signal created by the Arc, and not be aware of ‘any’ network signal other than the Arc’s.
  2. I don’t have a good answer to this, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of playing a source with low Sub response, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.