Skip to main content

Any luck on adding new rears to your system?

• 12 May 2024
  • 2 replies

A week ago I purchased an Arc and a subwoofer Gen 3. Two days ago I received my Era 300s to add as rears. The system is stuck and the speakers will not register to my account or my system. It shows them in the app as unregistered. I try to fix it, it plays the tone, goes through the motions, then it says it failed to connect and to try again later. I have reset the speakers, deleted and reinstalled the app, and jumped through every hoop and prompt given to me by the POOR Sonos customer service. Any help would be appreciated. I have half a mind to save my money (and sanity) and go with a Sony or Apple system. 

Thanks. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Just to confirm, after the factory reset of the Era 300s, you are selecting the gear wheel in the top right of the screen of your Sonos App, then selecting your Arc and then Add Surrounds?

They ended up walking me through doing a full system reset in order to pair the eras. Now the only thing I can’t get to work is Trueplay, which is a known issue they are working on.