Skip to main content
Answered

5.1.4 dolby setup

• 24 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I am looking to set my living room up with a 5.1.4 overhead speaker setup

https://www.dolby.com/about/support/guide/speaker-setup-guides/5.1.4-overhead-speaker-setup-guide/

I plan to use sonos amp+arc+sub+2wall speaker either side of tele+2 wall speakers either side of sofa+ 4 ceiling speakers as per the dolby design. Amp will be in loft with eArc link to TV via hmdi/cat6a

Question is if I can only have 3 pairs of speaker on the amp how do I connect the 4th pair so it is all in sync with the TV.

Thanks 

Why not use Arc plus one or two Subs, and Era 300’s for rear?

The Sonos system allows for a pair of surround speakers. You can’t use more surrounds in the Sonos system, although the Era 300 adds additional channels for Atmos, but it is still a single pair of Era 300 surround speakers. 

The Amp can drive two pairs of regular 8 Amp speakers. There are special Sonance Architectural speakers that allow 3 pairs, but it isn’t all Sonance speakers. There is a single stereo set of outputs on a Sonos Amp. 

If you’re set on the Dolby suggested setup, you should look at other solutions, likely not to be wireless. Or go with the system setup suggested by @nik9669a .