Answered

Will Sonos Arc work for my room?

• 28 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I have just moved into a new home and want to get a Sonos Sub and either Beam or Arc to improve my TV audio. I don’t mind paying the extra for the Arc but am worried it might not agree with my room shape with some of the surround effects. Ceiling height is standard at around 8ft, but we are in a room which has been made open plan and we are using half of it for TV/Sofa so while it’s almost perfect square on 3 sides, the left side walls are a lot further away. Will this cause issues with the sound? Have attached a rough sketch of the room shape.

Thanks for any help!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 28 June 2022, 14:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Your room will work just fine. Most living room setups aren’t perfectly balanced and symmetrical. But because of the open floor plan, the audio you hear from the side-firing driver on the right side of the Arc will probably be a little more prominent than the left side. And if you are seated more than 9 ft away from the Arc, it will be difficult to hear the audio from the upward-firing drivers when watching Dolby Atmos content.