Answered

Why is my SONOS arc APP showing Dolby ATMOS when its not switched on my LGCX?

Badge

Ive been having issues with my Sonos ARC and i can only get sound stable when I turn off the earc option on my LGCX. Which was then outputting sound at 5.1 where available.

NOW however it is outputting Dolby Atmos tho i still have earc disabled on my settings.

WTF is going?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 9 July 2022, 12:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

The lossy DD+ (Atmos) used by the streaming services is supported by HDMI-ARC - it’s the lossless Dolby TrueHD (Atmos) that requires eARC.

You could perhaps resolve your issue by setting the TV and connected devices to Dolby Digital 5.1 rather than Dolby Digital Plus, if that’s what you prefer?

Badge

You could perhaps resolve your issue by setting the TV and connected devices to Dolby Digital 5.1 rather than Dolby Digital Plus, if that’s what you prefer?

I would much prefer t be able to switch on eArc but unfortunately with the LG CX it just stutters and flickers like crazy.

I would much prefer t be able to switch on eArc but unfortunately with the LG CX it just stutters and flickers like crazy.

Sounds like you may have a fault - Is the stuttering occurring when playing the inbuilt TV Apps from the LG store, like Netflix, Prime Movies or Disney Plus?

Are these your WebOS settings:

• HDMI ARC (Digital Sound Out = Pass-Through / eARC = ‘ON’)
  • DTV Audio = Auto / HDMI input format = Bitstream for all HDMI ports.
  • HDMI Device Settings (Auto Device Detection = ‘ON’ / Simplink = ‘ON’ / Auto Power Sync = ‘ON’)
  • Is Sonos set as the TV Manufacturer for the Soundbar in the LG Device Connector.
Badge

Sounds like you may have a fault - Is the stuttering occurring when playing the inbuilt TV Apps from the LG store, like Netflix, Prime Movies or Disney Plus?

Are these your WebOS settings:

• HDMI ARC (Digital Sound Out = Pass-Through / eARC = ‘ON’)
  • DTV Audio = Auto / HDMI input format = Bitstream for all HDMI ports.
  • HDMI Device Settings (Auto Device Detection = ‘ON’ / Simplink = ‘ON’ / Auto Power Sync = ‘ON’)
  • Is Sonos set as the TV Manufacturer for the Soundbar in the LG Device Connector.

Soon as I switch Earc on it stutters no matter where i am on the TV.. COnsole gaming - Netflix all over.. I also was able to deactivate Auto Game respond on HDMI 2 and turn off Screensaver and the issue persists.

I also unplugged the sonos arc and flicked eArc on and no flickering. So it doesnt like this sound bar!

Is that the case too if you uncable every device from the TV (except the Sonos device)? I’m thinking that perhaps another device is stealing/attempting to steal the CEC focus.

Badge

Is that the case too if you uncable every device from the TV (except the Sonos device) I’m thinking that perhaps another device is stealing/attempting to steal the CEC focus.

If there is no other device connected.. How can something else be trying to steal the CES focus?

Am i able to disable CES being taken from a HDMI port? For instance can i remove that ability in HDMI port 4?

And far I know i have all those options done that you outlined to do. HDMI bitstream is also activated but is now grayed out.

Is that the case too if you uncable every device from the TV (except the Sonos device) I’m thinking that perhaps another device is stealing/attempting to steal the CEC focus.

If there is no other device connected.. How can something else be trying to steal the CES focus?

Am i able to disable CES being taken from a HDMI port? For instance can i remove that ability in HDMI port 4?

No it’s not the TV CEC. I was suggesting that if you do have any devices connected to the TV’s HDMI ports 1, 3 or 4 to remove those (if present) and eliminate those devices from perhaps attempting to steal the CEC control from the Arc - it’s a case of first trying to discover the cause, before actually trying to suggest how to then fix the issue.

Badge

No it’s not the TV CEC. I was suggesting that if you do have any devices connected to the TV’s HDMI ports 1, 3 or 4 to remove those (if present) and eliminate those devices from perhaps attempting to steal the CEC control from the Arc - it’s a case of first trying to discover the cause, before actually trying to suggest how to then fix the issue.

Yeah I tried that and it still flickers when i switch to Earc. When i do successfully have eArc on and is running.. I cannot switch the TV off as it then starts to flicker again upon switching it back on.

Yeah I tried that and it still flickers when i switch to Earc. When i do successfully have eArc on and is running.. I cannot switch the TV off as it then starts to flicker again upon switching it back on.

In that case, assuming both the TV and Arc software are up-to-date The only other thing to maybe try is changing the cable between the Arc and TV, but first leave any other devices disconnected from the HDMI ports 1, 3 and 4 and power off both TV and Arc at the wall for 3 minutes. 

If the new cable doesn’t fix it then I suspect there maybe a fault either with the TV or the Arc. So go onto do the following… 

Within 20 minutes of the issue occurring again, I would submit a Sonos diagnostic report from the ‘Settings/Support’ area of the Sonos App

Make a note of the reference generated and perhaps post it back here.

Then, when available, contact/chat to Sonos Support Staff about the matter via this LINK and see what they can suggest to try to resolve the matter.

Badge

In that case, assuming both the TV and Arc software are up-to-date The only other thing to maybe try is changing the cable between the Arc and TV, but first leave any other devices disconnected from the HDMI ports 1, 3 and 4 and power off both TV and Arc at the wall for 3 minutes. 

If the new cable doesn’t fix it then I suspect there maybe a fault either with the TV or the Arc. So go onto do the following… 

Within 20 minutes of the issue occurring again, I would submit a Sonos diagnostic report from the ‘Settings/Support’ area of the Sonos App

Make a note of the reference generated and perhaps post it back here.

Then, when available, contact/chat to Sonos Support Staff about the matter via this LINK and see what they can suggest to try to resolve the matter.

Yeah ive done all that too! My reference number is 04080950 Sonos has agreed to replace this Arc and see how it goes. However i was able to go to the store where i purchased it from and i was hoping for an exchange to try another but they need an RA number. They’ve said soon as Sonos email them a RA number they will deliver me a replacement. 

Yeah ive done all that too! My reference number is 04080950 Sonos has agreed to replace this Arc and see how it goes. However i was able to go to the store where i purchased it from and i was hoping for an exchange to try another but they need an RA number. They’ve said soon as Sonos email them a RA number they will deliver me a replacement. 

Sounds like you’re wasting time trying to fix it then, if it’s already believed to be faulty. 🤷‍♂️ I would suggest waiting for the replacement and if the issue continues, then you may need to look to see if it’s the LG CX TV instead - I assume the Staff also suggested a TV factory reset to you aswell then before replacing the Arc?

Anyhow let’s hope the new device resolves it when it does eventually arrive.