Answered

Why Audio Input changed from Dolby Digital to Dolby Multichannel PCM?

• 21 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone.  I have a sono beam 2 hooked up to my LG C1.  For 5.1 sound from netflix and my cable box, the sonos app would use to say the sound coming in is Dolby Digital Plus 5.1.  Now when I go to my sonos app, it says Dolby Multichannel PCM 5.1.

I notice Dolby Atmos now it says Dolby Atmos while it use to say Dolby Atmos (DD+).

Dolby Output from the TV is set to Auto

If I change to Passthrough, then it changes back to Dolby Digital but I never had to do that before.

I was wondering what happened or what has changed?  I don't think I changed any sound settings recently.  I did update to the new firmware, but not sure if that caused this issue.

I guess I am wondering how do I change it back to Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 without putting it to passthrough?

Also, which is better?  Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 or Dolby Multichannel PCM 5.1?  Which Atmos is better?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 21 January 2023, 05:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Keep the Digital Sound Output setting on the TV set to Pass Through, not Auto. Pass Through leaves the original audio untouched.

Keep the Digital Sound Output setting on the TV set to Pass Through, not Auto. Pass Through leaves the original audio untouched.

Thanks for your reply

I am going to change it from auto to passthrough now so I get dolby digital. 

Must have been the tv update that caused this. 

Thanks