Question

Which TV will work FOR SURE with Sonos Arc or Beam (2nd)

Hi guys, I’m going to get a Sonos soundbar and I also have to change my old tv. The matter is that it looks like Sonos soundbars can’t work with any tv, as allo the models I’m considering (above all LG C1 and Samsung QN90A) have many compatibility issues with Sonos.

So I would like to understand.. which tv will work for sure with Sonos sonundbars? Any suggestions?

11 replies

Userlevel 7

Avoid Samsung like the plague.

Would you suggest LG C1 instead?

I’ve found that Samsungs work well, but they definitely need either CEC toggled on/off, or a full power off (aka unplug for a few minutes) on the TV to reinitiate the HDMI handshake before the full capabilities of the Beam/Arc are recognized.  My two Samsungs worked great after that.

While my Samsung works great with Arc (other Samsung TVs work with amp and beam), I don’t trust that Samsung won’t release a firmware update that completely messes everything up.  The best ‘FOR SURE’ option is to get an HD Fury Arcana and take the TV out of the equation.

Userlevel 7

Would you suggest LG C1 instead?

I cannot guarantee that the LG won’t have any issues, but I’ve seen far less problems in this Sonos community with LG than I have seen with Samsung.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Panasonic HZ1000E here.. works without issues.

Badge

My LG OLED works perfectly, with atmos on Netflix, Amazon, Disney, HBO Max, etc. I have had zero problems.

All the best,

Brian

My LG OLED works perfectly, with atmos on Netflix, Amazon, Disney, HBO Max, etc. I have had zero problems.

Me too, I have the LG OLED C9 - works great with the Sonos Arc.

Badge

I should have mentioned that I am using the Beam Gen 2 with Sonos One Surrounds. :)

All the best,

Brian

LG C1 works perfectly with the Arc (+sub+surrounds) for Dolby 5.1/Atmos using the internal apps. The on-screen volume display will only show a + - graphic with no numerical value.

The LG OLED is a amazing tv, and the beam 2 is fine with all dolby formats but if DTS is important (like 4 me) then choose a different telly. But if it was me, and could only have one or the other, i would choose the tv.