What Content in the UK is Dolby Atmos Enabled?

• 16 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi

I have been looking throught Apple TV, Netflix, Amazon and Sky and I cannot find any content that says it supports Dolby Atmos.  Can anybody point out items that are?  I have “Googled” and found things that are recomended for Atmos Sound but when I look at the services they are labled 5:1 not Dolby Atmos.

As a side issue I have an LG Smart TV with Atmos support which has apps for Apple TV, Amazon, Netflix etc.  Will these inbuilt Apps support Atmos?

Thanks for any help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Which specific model LG do you have? What are the audio settings set to?

On Netflix, make sure you have a Premium subscription and your profile playback setting is set to High or Auto. Also, many films and shows only have Dolby Atmos on the English track.

There is very limited Atmos content on Prime Video. Try testing the Jack Ryan series, Carnival Row, Suspiria, and The Tomorrow War.

Apple TV+ has A LOT of Dolby Atmos content. Ted Lasso, The Morning Show, Earth at Night in Color, and Tiny World are just a few of the titles with Atmos audio.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

All the apps listed support Dolby Atmos as per Guitars comment, but sounds like for some reason your device isn’t picking it up.

For Sky Press Home on your Sky Q remote, select Settings, and then Setup. Choose Audio Visual, then Digital audio output HDMI and set it to Dolby Digital Plus to make sure that side is enabled. You also need to have the UHD subscription and a compatible latest Sky Q box.

Userlevel 1

Which specific model LG do you have? What are the audio settings set to?

On Netflix, make sure you have a Premium subscription and your profile playback setting is set to High or Auto. Also, many films and shows only have Dolby Atmos on the English track.

There is very limited Atmos content on Prime Video. Try testing the Jack Ryan series, Carnival Row, Suspiria, and The Tomorrow War.

Apple TV+ has A LOT of Dolby Atmos content. Ted Lasso, The Morning Show, Earth at Night in Color, and Tiny World are just a few of the titles with Atmos audio.

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to reply :-)

The TV is an LG QNED99 65 inch 8K Smart QNED MiniLED TV.  Audio settings are Sound Out - HDMI(ARC) Device.Dolby Atmos on, DTV Audi Seettings = Auto, Digital Sound Output = Auto, eARC Support = on

I have got Premiume subscription to Netflix - playback set to Auto.

Thanks again for your help!

Userlevel 7

What options do you have under DTV Audio Settings and Digital Sound Output?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Userlevel 7

Set Digital Sound Output to Pass Through.