Answered

Want to purchase a Sonos Arc but have a 2019 Samsung Q90 TV with One Connect Box - Have issues been resolved?

• 10 February 2021
  • 12 replies

• Contributor I
  • 6 replies

Want to purchase an ARC but have a 2019 Samsung Q90 TV with One Connect Box - Have issues be resolved? I heard a patch or firmware update was coming out to address?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 10 March 2021, 15:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hey @JREZ 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for reaching out here on the community to get clarification around your Arc purchase. We’re actively working with Samsung to address any issues. With that said I don’t have exact information about exactly when this will be resolved, but rest assured that it will be.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Is this about the arc misinterpreting 7.1 lpcm signals?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Is this about the arc misinterpreting 7.1 lpcm signals?

If it were, the Arc would have playback issues with all TVs, which is not the case. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

As I understand it the Arc did not work well with 2020 Samsung eARC models that come with a Connect box. Not with 2019 non-eARC models.

Sonos is testing an update for this problem.

I have a 2019 Model with the One Connect Box… I ordered the Arc.. so we will see

QN65Q90RAFXZA

Is the model I have…

thanks

So if it is a 2019 Non-eArc would I still get Dolby Atmos? Either case as long as it works well and reliably ...again Thanks

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You will get Dolby Atmos (compressed) from apps on your TV (if they provide Atmos), just not uncompressed from external sources until. On some TV’s Samsung has promised to provide eARC with an update.

Thank You….still amazes me how quiet Samsung seems to be on this whole issue with so much discussion on this topic out there….Thanks

Until this FIX is out from either SONOS or SAMSUNG - would the HD FURY ARCANA - Adapter HELP? or Even work with the One Connect Box?

OK - My Sonos Arc Arrived...and honestly not sure the best way to connect it to the Samsung One Connect Box as the TV itself has no connections on it, only the the Cable to the One Connect Box.

- 2 Options -

Optical Out via supplied adapter, but I think then no Dolby Atmos at all?

or

There are 4 HDMI ports on the One Connect Box but not sure which supports eArc? Also, does anyone know of the HDMI cable provided is a standard HDMI or special one, as I need to get one about 2ft longer to reach the One Connect Box? 

Any Help and Guidance Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks

Userlevel 7

Connect the Arc with just the HDMI cable for the highest quality audio. Look for the HDMI port labeled ARC on the One Connect Box.

The Sonos supplied HDMI cable is just a standard ultra high speed cable. If you need a longer one, I recommend this KabelDirekt cable: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CMF1VJZ

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

According to this picture HDMI3 on the Connect box is the HDMI-ARC: q90r-inputs-back-large.jpg (3840×2160) (rtings.com) (via Samsung Q90/Q90R QLED Review (QN65Q90RAFXZA, QN75Q90RAFXZA, QN82Q90RAFXZA) - RTINGS.com). It is labelled as such.

And you are right: optical does not give you Atmos. So HDMI-ARC is the way to go.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thank you all for all your efforts and testing. A system update has now been released which includes a fix to this issue (it disables the Sonos “screensaver” on an Arc if connected to a Samsung TV). Please update your Sonos systems. If you’re still experiencing problems after updating, please let us know.