Answered

Using Sonos Arc and Sonos Amp together as front Speakers - Is it possible?

• 20 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Sonos Arc and have installed it. It’s brilliant, but as I have a very big/long room, I like the front speaker to be louder and bassier.

I wanted to check, if I purchased a Sonos Amp, am I able to hook it up to some speakers to it and then use them as front speakers along side the sonos arc?

If thats’ not possible, are there any other alternative ways?

I’m not interested in having rear speakers; front speakers are more important to me.

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 20 January 2022, 16:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

You cannot add any more front speakers to a Sonos Arc setup. The Arc already acts as the center, front left, and front right channels. You can set up Sonos speakers next to the Arc and group them with the Arc in the Sonos app, but you will experience a slight audio delay from the grouped speakers when playing TV audio.

I recommend adding the Sub. It will make a big difference.

You cannot add any more front speakers to a Sonos Arc setup. The Arc already acts as the center, front left, and front right channels. You can set up Sonos speakers next to the Arc and group them with the Arc in the Sonos app, but you will experience a slight audio delay from the grouped speakers when playing TV audio.

I had a feeling that was the case; so I can technically have a Sonos Amp connected to speakers and then group that with the Sonos Arc (obviously I am aware that there will be some audio delay)?

Sonos Sub is on my to buy list. :relaxed:

I had a feeling that was the case; so I can technically have a Sonos Amp connected to speakers and then group that with the Sonos Arc (obviously I am aware that there will be some audio delay)?

Sonos Sub is on my to buy list. :relaxed:

Yes, you can place an amp or a pair of Sonos speakers in the same physical room as your Arc, but setup as a different Sonos room.  If you do that though, I think you’ll fine that there really isn’t much point in ever grouping the two rooms together.  Just one the pair of speakers for music, and the Arc for TV audio.

Deleted

Deleted

Deleted

You deleted your comments? I already read it.

Deleted

You deleted your comments? I already read it.

I think I posted on wrong thread!

This is what I intended to post here, not sure if I did::

For the avoidance of doubt, NOT just an audio lag compared with the picture, but imperfect sync between the Arc audio and the Amp audio for TV sound if they are grouped together.  Sync will be perfect for music sources

It was in response to your comment 

I am aware that there will be some audio delay