If I configure the Playbar to work with the IR remote, everything works, but I'd much rather use the Smart-Touch remote.
Any clues as to how to best fix this? (I did not get a IR repeater with my TV, although it has the external connector for HDMI etc)
I have the Playbar connected via the optical port.
All help appreciated!
Best answer by JWNten
All, after spending quite some time on this, I found how to implement buzz's workaround in a satisfactory way (without losing any other controls). Hope this can help some people out. This applies to recent samsung TV's with smart remotes:
- go to settings, remote setup (on my TV, this means clicking the home button, going left then up until I'm on the remote icon, then pressing the center ok button)
- add a device, an AV receiver, select Bose
- for source, select optical
- once the device is created, if you're using a set-top box like I am, you can actually (in the remote setup menu) click the bose device, and combine it with the set-top box (so that the TV thinks both devices are in a serial connection). That way, it will allow you to control the set-top box as before, but will assign volume controls to Bose compatible IR.
- once this is all done, play the TV from the combined set-top box / bose source
- now in the Sonos app chose to change the remote and follow instructions. If it works you should see a white led in front of the Playbar everytime you change the sound up or down. Mute should work as well.
Worked for me, I now have full control!