Unable to add surrond speakers

• 6 September 2014
  • 4 replies

Hi, I am trying to add 2x Play 1 speakers as surround speakers to a playbar. I already have a sub connected. When I try to add the second speaker, it initially recognises it when I push the buttons on top, but fails to set it up and gives me a message saying "Surround Setup Error. There was a problem adding the surround speaker. Please ensure the surround speaker and the PLAYBAR are connected to power." Can you advise what I should do please? I have tried removing and re-adding the surround speakers, but experience the same problem each time. The room setting says "(+SUB+LS+?)"

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi James,

This is usually caused by wireless interference or some of your components are too far from each other. Try changing the wireless channel in SONOS.
If you are still unable to add the PLAY:1 to your surround setup, submit a diagnostics report for all three channels and reply with the confirmation numbers.

Thanks,
Mohammed
I have the exact same problem. My playbar is already connected and i'm trying to add 2 play for surround. When i push the buttons it does recognize, but after loading some time i get the message saying "Surround Setup Error. There was a problem adding the surround speaker. Please ensure the surround speaker and the PLAYBAR are connected to power."

I tried all the three channels, i sent the report:

5233046 (channel 1)
5233055 (channel 6)
5233061 (channel 11)
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I have the exact same problem. My playbar is already connected and i'm trying to add 2 play for surround. When i push the buttons it does recognize, but after loading some time i get the message saying "Surround Setup Error. There was a problem adding the surround speaker. Please ensure the surround speaker and the PLAYBAR are connected to power."

I tried all the three channels, i sent the report:

5233046 (channel 1)
5233055 (channel 6)
5233061 (channel 11)

I have reviewed all 3 of your diagnostic. Due to the problem, the best would be to contact our customer care team by phone. A Sonos agent will be able to offer you live troubleshooting and together check both your Sonos and network. You can find our contact information HERE
Was there ever a resolution to this problem? I see a lot of people having similar issues but I never see the final resolution posted… Please post