Skip to main content

I’ve just bought a Sonos arc to replace a Sonos Beam. Pretty underwhelmed as I’m find it hard to tell the difference between the Arc and the Beam. Is there any way to check if all the speakers on the arc are working?

Hold your head near the Arc at the different spots where the drivers are located. Try to use a 5.1 audio source.

Have you performed Trueplay and adjusted the EQ? Are you getting 5.1 audio from the Arc or just stereo 2.0?

Are you resetting your TV’s eARC port to match whichever you have connected? 

Thank you,  those diagrams helped. From what I can tell all the speakers seems to be working and I’ve ran Truplay several times. From the Sonos 2 app the Arc is receiving 5.1 audio. Still not seeing any  improvement over the Beam. 

eArc and pass through is switched on in the tv settings.

What exactly are you watching? What app? What exact audio are you getting?

Content with Atmos audio from the AppleTV and Disney plus apps on the smart tv. The Sonos app confirms the Arc is receiving Atmos audio. 

The Arc is a 5.0.2 soundbar whereas the Beam is only a 3.0 soundbar. Depending on the shape and size of your room, you should be able to hear a virtual surround effect from the Arc when watching 5.1 content.

What TV are you using?

Sony X900H/XH90

The tv is not wall mounted and sits on a table at a diagonal to one of the rooms corners.