Answered

Surround Sound, turn up rear play speakers only?

I have a soundbar and 2 play 1's set up in my living room for surround sound.
I'm currently watching Football, but the rear sound from my 2 play 1's is very low.
Is there a way of turning the sound up on these 2 speakers, without turning up the sound of the sound bar?
icon

Best answer by ashhackett 4 March 2017, 21:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Room Settings => (PLAYBAR room) => Advanced Audio => Surround Settings

The overall balance is configured at setup, either automatically by Trueplay tuning or, if you're not on an iDevice, by the distance you specify between the surrounds and the listener. In the latter case specifying the largest distance will preset the surrounds to be louder.
I have done the Trueplay, but simply want to turn the sound up on the 2 play 1's only. Is it possible?
I have done the Trueplay, but simply want to turn the sound up on the 2 play 1's only. Is it possible?
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Follow what ratty said and change the surrounds to "full"

See how you like that
Follow what ratty said and change the surrounds to "full"
Actually 'Full'/'Ambient' applies to music sources. The OP is trying to get more from the surrounds when viewing TV.
Yeah, I need to turn them up for watching TV.
Worked it out. I have moved the "TV Level" up and that has more bed the sound around more and brought the rears into action. Thanks for everyone's help.
*moved

Just curious on this - although I have tweaked the settings higher to the max it's still very light.
Is it possible to turn it down to min - run Trueplay - then artificially tweak it higher...?
The surround is not usually loud. It is use for atmospheric and for directional effects. You should not expect thing like play by play or field sounds on the surrounds when watching football, just ambient crowd sounds.