Answered

Sub connected, but not paired with Arc.

• 30 January 2021
  • 3 replies

While the sub does work when paired to my One located in my office, when I try to pair it with the ARC in living room, it shows (Living room - ARC + sub) but does not work. I’ve reset it, hard wired it, tried to hard wired the ARC and all results are the same...sub plays when switched to office but not playing with ARC in living room, for which it was intended to do. Please asssist

icon

Best answer by Paul A 30 January 2021, 19:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Jodicer.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for reaching out to us. Let me share some recommendations to help out.

Allow me to recommend the following steps.

1. First is to try and remove the Sonos Sub from being bonded to your Sonos main Product. Here is the guide on how to remove Sub on the Sonos app.
  2. Next is to reset your Sonos Sub. Here is the guide on how to Factory Reset your Sonos Sub. Doing a complete Factory Reset on you Sonos Sub, deletes any data stored on it including but not limited to the Sonos account it is registered, Network WiFi name, and the Sonos device it is bonded to.
  3. Once your Sonos Sub goes to a flashing green light status, Add the Sonos sub back on the Sonos app and here’s how to.
  4. Once the Sonos sub has been added back, test using the same video if it still generates the same sound  on the same moment in the past.
  5. I would also like to suggest checking the TV’s manu for audio out and make sure it is set to either PCM or Dolby Digital, not DTS.
  6. Feel free to check the Airtime fairness of your router to make sure it is disabled. you may need to contact your ISP or internet service provider for some assistance on this.
  7. I would also like to recommend checking the router for broadcast status and make sure it is enabled.

Please let me know how it goes and do not hesitate to reach out if you still have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Unfortunately, the above mentioned troubleshooting steps did not suffice. Seem odd that the sub links to the One speaker in the next room (office), but not the ARC a feet away (living room). Please advise on any further steps. Thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Jodicer.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

From this point, I would recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. It is best to contact our technical support team so they can take a look into what is the root cause of the issue. I would also like to suggest submitting a diagnostic after 3-5 minutes of attempting to rebond the Sub to the ARC and playing some audio through the ARC so we can also check what is going on.

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks,