Question

Soundbar slightly behind TV

• 20 February 2021
  • 1 reply

I currently have my soundbar sat in front of the TV. I want to wall mount it in the gap between the top of the TV cabinet and the bottom of the TV. The TV stand I have means the gap is the perfect size so that the soundbar wouldn't be obstructed by the TV. However, the TV will be slightly forward of the soundbar by around 8 inches. The photo shows the current setup, and you can see the gap below the TV where the soundbar will mount to the wall. The second photo shows how far the TV is forward from the wall. With the TV being slightly in front but still above the soundbar, do you think it will sound ok?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Because the Playbar is so close to the TV and placed behind it, I’m afraid some of the audio will be blocked by the bottom of the TV. I also think the top surface of your media console will affect the audio too. Can you mount the TV a little higher to create more space away from the TV and console?