Answered

Sound no long comes from Sony Smart TV apps (Netflix, etc.)

• 31 March 2018
  • 3 replies

I have been using a Playbar with a Sony Bravia for several months. No cable box, just a Xbox and the apps on the TV. Now, all of a sudden, the sound from the Xbox still works but no sound from any of the apps (Netflix, MLB, etc.). Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 2 April 2018, 21:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Check what sound format the Playbar is receiving (its buried in the About page in the official apps). It might be sending an unsupported format (eg DTS) instead of DD 2.0 or 5.1.
I can’t find find where it tells me if it is DTS or DD. Where do I see that? You mention it is buried somewhere. Also, what that change on its own? One day it was fine and the next day it didn’t work. No changes to app or settings by me. Thanks.
Hey there, rgb75. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. If you play Netflix to the PLAYBAR and submit a diagnostic report, I'll be happy to take a look at what is happening and advise on next steps. Be sure to reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end.

Thanks!