Sound distortion on Sonos Beam

• 14 August 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
I have noticed that my Beam has sound distortion sometimes when people are speaking, it only happens when the pitch is high and only lasts for a fraction of a second. This seems independent of the volume setting, although the volume is normally set at 50%. Anyone else noticed this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hello there, Arnis65. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Are you still having these spikes in distortion? If so, it might be best to give our support technicians a call. They will be able to work with you in real time to help determine if the device needs to be replaced.

Thanks!
I’m having this same issue and can’t find a resolution. With an LG E8. Did you ever find a fix?
Userlevel 1
Badge
I had this same issue at first. Seems to be resolved after Trueplay Tuning.
I had this experience and ultimately it was a faulty unit. Spent ~ 1 hour on phone with support and had to send them a video of music playing that clearly showed distortion. Pretty quickly after that support agreed it was a malfunctioning unit and sent me a replacement (which has no issues).