Sonos Playbar cutting in & out intermittently when playing music if the audio optical cable is connected to Sony XBR-75X950H TV and the TV is turned off

• 12 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Sonos Playbar cutting in & out intermittently when playing music if the audio optical cable is connected to Sony XBR-75X950H TV and the TV is turned off. 

If I unplug the optical cable from the Sony TV (TV power is off) the playbar does not cut out and plays continuously with no problem.

The playbar does not cutout when the TV is on and audio optical cable is connected with the TV sound coming through the playbar (surround sound).

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Have you tried unplugging your TV and Playbar from power for about a minute or two to see if it fixes the problem?

I’m experiencing the same issue since purchasing a Sony KD-75X9500H using an Optical cable to connect to my Sonos Playbar. It cuts out for about 3 to 4 seconds every minute or so. My Sonos Move doesn’t cut out, obviously because it’s not connected via the optical cable to the TV.

I’ve checked the optical cable is connected and not damaged. 

I’ve tried power cycling both devices. 

As above:

If I unplug the optical cable from the Sony TV (TV power is off) the playbar does not cut out and plays continuously with no problem.

The playbar does not cutout when the TV is on and audio optical cable is connected with the TV sound coming through the playbar..