Answered

Sonos One SL Different Product Packaging??

• 26 August 2021
  • 1 reply

I just picked up a pair of Sonos One SLs from Best Buy to use as surrounds for my Arc and they arrived at my home in different product boxes - one black, one white. I couldn’t find much about this online besides one or two Reddit threads that said this was a “minor” product update where the unit is now more power efficient and the packaging more sustainable. Should I be concerned enough about having two different hardware revision units to ask for a replacement, or does it really not matter at all and they will play just fine with each other and give the same performance? Not sure how much under the hood ACTUALLY changed…TYIA!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 27 August 2021, 02:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

They will play fine with each other. Just be sure you are using the S2 app.

From Sonos:

“We continually seek opportunities to make our products more efficient and sustainable. In this case, we’ve made updates to One SL that reduce waste, improve recyclability and deliver efficiencies in power consumption. The principal change is a new, more efficient wireless radio (hence the need for an FCC filing). In addition, we’ve redesigned the base of the speaker to remove extra plastics and stickering as well as refreshing the packaging to the new more sustainable design introduced with Roam. These changes don’t deliver new features or functionality so it won’t be labeled and sold as a new product, but it will only be compatible with S2.