Question

Sonos not working with LG OLED TV

• 12 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Sonos not working with LG OLED TV

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I bought an LG OLED65B7A and hooked it up with the Optical cord. Now only 1 remote works and sound cuts out when watching a movie. I have an Optimum TV Box, Apple TV and Sony Blueray player hooked up via HDMI
Allmost the same fore me, I cant get my playbar and OLED55B7A work good. Now its working but its exremly slow to change volyme.
I am planning to buy this same model this weekend. We have a 5.1 set up (playbase, playbar, 2 play 1s). Most of time, we stream content online (Netflix, HBO, Hulu etc.) and occasionally play DVDs. My current DVD player (Samsung) is able to pass Dolby Digital signal to Sonos (I also have a Samsung TV). Should I reconsider buying LG or you think we should be ok with this set up?
Userlevel 1
Badge
It's hard to say. I can tell from first hand experience- We have an LG OLEDC7 65, and are running hdmi from xbox one to LG Hdmi, and optical out from TV to Sonos playbase- I have an audio delay with this set up.

What I did was ran my xbox optical out directly to the playbase- Doing this eliminates the passthrough audio sync delay, but in doing so, I gave up the TVs switching capability, and am limited to cable going into xbox, and xbox streaming for 5.1. If i hook up anything else to the LG, i would have to run it through the TVs speakers, as we all know the Sonos playbase has a single optical in.

If you are only hooking up one thing to your playbase/ playbar, you should be good. The TVs streaming apps do not have the issue as they are native, there would be no pass through, if you are only using your TV for streaming- Where most people seem to have an issue is the passthrough to the Sonos, whether it be an xbox, or whatever else. It seems in other threads on this forum indicate Sonos is aware of this, but do not show much interest in providing resolution. If you look up this issue with these particular LG TVs, the issue seems to be rampant, in regards to pass through.

Good luck.