Answered

Sonos Beam + Sony 900f = Sony won't turn on

• 11 December 2018
  • 2 replies

I just purchased a Sonos Beam and Sony 900f. The Sonos beam is plugged in via the Sony HDMI eARC port, and the TV will initially turn on. However, after I turn the TV off and it's off for an extended period of time (perhaps 12+ hours), the TV will not turn back on. Nothing else is plugged into the Sony TV or the Sonos beam and both are running the latest updates. I tried doing a factory reset on the Sony TV, same issue. I'm pretty sure this problem only started after I hooked up the Beam and likely only occurs with the Sonos Beam hooked up. I unplugged the beam from the TV tonight and expect all will be working fine tomorrow.

Is this a known issue with the Sonos Beam and 900f when running current firmware / OS?

Thanks.
Paul
icon

Best answer by pmem 12 December 2018, 03:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Following up, while this issue appeared to start after I got the Sonos, it's a TV issue. After unplugging the Sonos, the same issue happened the next day. Now the TV won't even power on and is getting replaced.
Most odd. Thanks for the followup!