Sonos Beam Operating Temp

• 21 November 2018
  • 5 replies

I installed a Sonos Beam just below the mantle and above the fireplace this week. The client says it is pretty warm/hot. What is the operating temp of the Beam and or should I worry?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Doesn't seem to be listed on the specs page, but I'd imagine it would be very similar to the information in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/components-228996/room-temperatures-for-sonos-equipment-6735044

Since you're an installer, do you have the documentation that came with the equipment? I'd imagine it would be on that.
thanks for the reply.....yea I looked all through the paperwork and could not find it (even though it could have been in there). thanks for link I will base on that unless some Sonos tech can give better info.....Operating Temp is kinda important to show, I have many clients with Sonos in cabinets, outdoors in a cab....etc....would just be good to know....I am sure climate controlled is ideal but people want to put them everywhere
Ah, if you're an installer, I'd ask through that network, rather than here in the community forums. They might (and how the hell would I know?) be able to get you an answer more quickly.
Userlevel 7
I installed a Sonos Beam just below the mantle and above the fireplace this week. The client says it is pretty warm/hot. What is the operating temp of the Beam and or should I worry?

Just reading where you installed (below mantle and above fireplace) suggests to me that heat would most likely be a possible issue regardless of spec'd operating temp of the Beam. While a TV may look great above a fireplace; as interior designers like to do and IMO are clueless as to what the heat from a fireplace will do to an electronic device, your client may have an even bigger problem later. JMO :8
Personally, I feel like there's no issue with heat if you mount equipment above a mantle, but I'd never consider mounting below the mantel. I figure the mantel is mounted at a certain height above the fireplace for a reason. Then again, I'd assume more modern fireplaces are going to reduce heat conduction through the wall. Then again again, the purpose of a fireplace, other than looking pretty, is to convect heat into the room.